Your Guests will appreciate an absence of the following scenarios:
- Chair saving (we’ve all done it, but we all resent it when we come up on the losing end of it.)
- Splitting of families and tight friend groups when no one table has enough seats for all of them.
- Crowding of tables when families and tight friend groups refuse to split.
- Awkwardness for guests who don’t know anyone else at your wedding (I’ve been there, and trust me, I really appreciated the times I had assigned table mates.)
Still Not Convinced?
- Place cards add a more elegant seated dinner ambience for those who want the graciousness of a seated dinner, but for one reason or another have a buffet.
- Let’s get real. Place cards can be such a clever way to add personality and creativity to wedding decor.
Check out these great examples from MyWedding.com to get some ideas for flaunting your personal style on your wedding day.
Are you too busy to think about your wedding details? Click here to request a copy of our free planning Guide: How to Balance Your Career and Wedding: 10 Tips to Reduce Stress and Manage Your Priorities.